Depending on when you received your robot, you may have different packaging instructions. Please read the following carefully:
If you received your robot on or after October 2023, please watch the first video labelled, "How to repackage your Generation 13 Ohmni Robot".
If you received your Ohmni after August of 2019 please watch the video further down, labelled "How to repackage your Ohmni Telepresence Robot"
If you received your Ohmni before August of 2019 please scroll down past the videos to the photo instructions.
AFTER October 2023:
After August 2019 but BEFORE October 2023:
BEFORE August 2019:
1. Use the wide velcro band, soft side facing the robot, to secure the lid to the body. Pull it as tight as possible to help hold it securely.
2. Put the H-shaped foam piece right under the neck. Then hold it as you fold and make sure it onto the lower tube. For maximum strength during shipping, you want it right up against the base of the neck.
3. Secure with the velcro strap. Pull very, very tight so that the foam gets crushed. This must be very strong to ensure the neck does not shake during shipping.
4. Insert the foam pad between the camera and the body so it does not shake during shipping.
5. Prepare the box by putting the two foam pieces exactly as seen into the bottom. Note that the piece with the round cutout is for the speaker and should go on the side close to the handholds.
6. Lower the bot into the box as shown. Be careful with the wheels and lid because it is a tight fit (intentionally).
7. Insert the rear foam piece into place.
8. Insert the top foam piece into place. You will need to push it down firmly. Be careful that the hinge knob DOES NOT GET CAUGHT by the foam.
9. If you have a dock, pack it up in the small box and stuff it into that square space in the top foam piece. Otherwise, you are finished. Seal up the box well with tape.