Enable Remote Debugger to debug the web application running in Ohmni robot
When developing your web application, you might wish to remote debug the web application running on the bot. Chrome DevTool will allow you to perform this operation. Here is the steps to setup & utilize this tools with Ohmni bot
- Enable developer mode for the bot
- Connect to the bot with adb (Make sure your pc and your bot is in the same network)
$ adb connect <bot-ip>
- Open Chrome in your pc and open the Developer Tools > More tools > Developer tools > More tools > Remote Devices
- You will see the bot and the page you load on it
- Click on Inspect to start debug the page.
Update Chrome & WebView component of Android OS
If your web application utilizes media rich component (video playback, or webGL 1.0), you might need to update the Chrome browser and the WebView component to the later version.
- Download the following apk to your computer
- WebView: https://ohmni-files.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/com.google.android.webview_79.0.3945.29-394502966.apk
- Chrome: https://ohmni-files.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/com.android.chrome_78.0.3904.96-390409615.apk
- Install the .apk from the adb shell
$ adb install -r <your-local-path>/com.google.android.webview_79.0.3945.29-394502966.apk $ adb install -r <your-local-path>/com.android.chrome_78.0.3904.96-390409615.apk