If you’ve ever wanted to share your Ohmni session with Zoom call participants, we’ve got you covered. By following the instructions below, you will be able to utilize Zoom to achieve video conferencing-like, multi-party calls on Ohmni. This means all participants on your Zoom call will be able to see Ohmni’s cameras and hear the audio from Ohmni’s side. The Zoom participants will also be audible from Ohmni’s speaker.
* This guide is written for Ohmni models with minimum version 4.1.7 and 13.0.9 and a subscription to Ohmni Cloud Solutions Business Tier and above. Always update your Ohmni to the latest version before trying any new features.
Known Limitations (last updated 12/2022)
- Video feed in Zoom is slightly cropped at the top.
- The Ohmni video feed must be spotlighted by the host of the meeting for a full-screen view of the robot’s camera.
- Autodocking, Motion Map, Collision avoidance, Click to look and most general in-call settings are not available.
-Robot will show a small black square in the bottom right corner after a call has been completed.
-Creating a Share Link with Zoom is currently disabled.
-Personalized Meeting Links are not currently supported.
Joining An Existing Zoom Meeting
From the Ohmni robot list, click the drop down button beside the regular call button and select Join with Zoom.
Enter the Zoom meeting link (see Where Do I Get The Meeting Link?), then press Call to join the Zoom meeting.
If this is the first time you join a call, you will need to sign in to Zoom to proceed.
After you join the Zoom call, see How Do I Control Ohmni in Zoom?
Frequently Asked Questions
Where Do I Get The Meeting Link?
Any user can schedule a Zoom meeting from the Zoom app or browser interface for the desired meeting time. See: How to Schedule a Meeting with Zoom at Zoom’s website for information on how to create a Zoom Meeting.
We specify use of the following settings for smoothest operation of the Ohmni with Zoom integration:
- Under Security:
- Utilize Passcode, Waiting Room, or any desired combination of Security settings for the Zoom Meeting.
- Under Advanced Options:
- Any combination of Advanced Options can be used ie. Enable Join Before Host, Mute Participants upon Entry .
- Note that, if Only authenticated users can join: Sign in to Zoom is selected. The Ohmni Robot will not be able to authenticate into the meeting unless it is set up with a Zoom account in its local settings.
- Once the Zoom Meeting is created, the Ohmni Robot Operator must ensure that the Zoom Invite link is available for access.
- A Zoom Invite Link can be obtained from calendar invitation, or through the Zoom in-call interface.
- Example Zoom Invite Link: https://organization-name.zoom.us/j/XXXXXXXXX
TIP: The Zoom Invite Link is displayed by default in a Zoom Meeting invitation (see: Inviting Others to Join a Meeting - Zoom, for more information on how to obtain the invite link).
Example Zoom Meeting Settings:
How Do I Link My Ohmni Account to Zoom?
- When setting up a share link with Zoom for the first time, we need to first authorize Zoom to connect with our Ohmni account.
- New users will need to sign-in to their Zoom account to authenticate the Ohmni Web Application with a Zoom account.
Choose your preferred login method to sign into an existing Zoom account.
(Note: Only the "Unique User Account (e-mail and password)", or "Sign-in with Google" authentication methods are supported at this point in time. SSO is currently not supported).
- Once signed-in, you will need to install the “Zoom Meeting for Ohmni Robot” application or your Zoom account. To continue - press Authorize.
- There will be a prompt to sign in once again, utilize the same credentials to log-in to your Zoom account, and authorize the Zoom application.
- Once completed, your Ohmni account will be linked to your Zoom account.
*If the linked Zoom account needs to be switched, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Do I Control Ohmni in Zoom?
The Ohmni with Zoom integration uses the exact same keyboard controls as regular Ohmni operation. Regular users of the Ohmni robot will be familiar with the controls, and can assume normal driving without disruption.
The driving tool-bar now displays Zoom’s meeting controls alongside basic Ohmni Robot configurations (speed, volume).
- Zoom Audio Settings: Used to mute/unmute, and select audio devices as per Zoom controls.
- Zoom Video Settings: Used to turn video on/off and select camera devices.
- Ohmni Speed: Used to specify the Ohmni Robot’s driving speed (Min: 1, Max: 20).
- Ohmni Volume: Used to specify Ohmni Robot’s speaker volume (Mute: 0, Max: 11).
- Ohmni Superzoom: Used to control Ohmni’s camera zoom functionality.
- Zoom Participants: Used to manage and view meeting participants as per Zoom controls.
- Zoom Share Screen: Used to share a window or screen with other participants in the meeting
- Zoom Chat: Used to open the Zoom chat with other meeting participants.
- More Zoom Settings: Used to disable/enable incoming video streams from other participants.
- Local Video Feed: Previews your local camera, this video is displayed on the Ohmni Robot and to other participants.
- Leave Meeting: Used to leave the Zoom meeting and return to the regular Ohmni WebApp calling interface.
To drive Ohmni, use the following keyboard commands (identical to Ohmni Usage):
|To Move: Use the arrow keys, or WASD to move forward/backward and turn left/right.
To Look Around: Use R to look up, and F to look down.
BEST PRACTICE TIP: Have the Zoom meeting’s host spotlight video on Ohmni’s camera to allow for full-screen driving. (Right-click on video feed -> Spotlight for everyone)
Please take note that there are two video layouts used to view participants on the Ohmni Robot display. These viewing modes are analogous to the video layouts of the Zoom mobile app. (See: Zoom video layouts for more information), and will require a user near the Ohmni Robot to change to desired views.
|Active Speaker View||Gallery View|
|Zoom will join a meeting in Active Speaker View by default.
This will display the active speaker’s video feed on the robot screen at any point in time.
|Swipe left on the Ohmni Robot’s screen to enter Gallery View.
This will display up to 4 participants at one time. Keep swiping to see additional participants.
|Images are reproduced from Zoom: Changing the video layout, and are used for instructional purposes only.|
How Do I Uninstall the Zoom App?
- Login to your Zoom Account and navigate to the Zoom App Marketplace.
- Click Manage > Installed Apps or search for the Zoom Meeting for Ohmni® Robot app.
- Click the Zoom Meeting for Ohmni® Robot app.
- Click Uninstall.