The Call Out feature allows the user to install a custom web application on the screen of your Ohmni robots that provides a button for users to click to request an Ohmni call.
This feature is available to OCS accounts within the Enterprise tier.
How does it work?
Businesses can work with Ohmnilabs to develop a customized web application that may be deployed on the Ohmni and used as a “call-out” page when the robot is on standby. This allows a user who is near the robot, to put in information or press a button on the Ohmni itself, which will then send an email to someone who would be awaiting a call. This can be especially useful in use cases where field support is needed in different locations, like for example: bedside hospital centers who need support for things like blood draw can request a call out to a practitioner to provide support bedside, without needing to be in the room.
The call out feature uses our Ohmni WebAPI to create this web application. To find out more information on how this works, feel free to take a look at our Ohmni Developer Manual: WebAPI section.
How to load a web application onto your Ohmni
In order to load the application onto your Ohmni, you will need to log in to your Ohmni Cloud Solutions account.
- Once you have logged in, click on the Manage tab located at the top.
- Click on the Ohmni Robots tab.
- Next, Navigate to the robot you would like to load the application to, and click on the gear icon on the right.
- Next, scroll down to the bottom until you see “Deploy Web Application”. Under the “On the Robot Screen” section, there will be a text field, where you can enter in the Web Application’s URL.
- After it is entered, click Save on the right of the text field.
This will successfully deploy the application on the robots display.