Now that your Ohmni is on its time to set up a new user and register your Ohmni. If you haven't unpacked and turned your Ohmni on, please follow this link to see how to do so.
1. When you first turn Ohmni on, Ohmni will tell you it doesn't have a Wifi connection. To connect to Wifi, click on connect and select your network from the menu of networks.
2. Once connected to the internet Ohmni will present your One-Time Pin*, or OTP, as shown in the image below.
*The OTP is a code that helps to add the first users to your Ohmni robot, and can only be used once. Once you have the first Ohmni users you will be able to add more users by sharing access. We will talk more about this later.
3. Now that you have your OTP, we need to create a user account to control your Ohmni. Don't worry about creating the one account to rule them all, if you want to change which accounts can access the Ohmni you can so that at any time in the future.
To create a new account:
- Go to https://app.ohmnilabs.com on your computer, tablet, or smartphone with Chrome or another supported web browser.
- If you have a Google or Gmail account you can click on the "Login with Google" button for login using your Google credentials. If you have a different email provider like Outlook, Yahoo, etc. you can also create an OhmniLabs account by clicking the "Sign Up" button towards the bottom.
- If you are part of an organization's subscription to the Ohmni Enterprise Solution, you may be able to sign in using your organization's Single Sign-On credentials. To enable this feature, contact your organization's network administrator.
- Enter your user information and confirm your account.
4. After login, you will be taken to an Ohmni Cloud Solutions splash screen as shown below. Feel free to read our message then hit the "Click Here To Start" button to begin setting up your account.
5. Once you've chosen to continue, the next prompt will ask you if you have the Ohmni with you or not. More or less this is asking if the robot you want to use belongs to you immediately, or if you are trying to gain access to a unit that is in someone else's possession. If you are trying to access someone else's unit, click no and the instructions will tell you what to do next. If you are setting up your own unit click yes.
6. Now that you've clicked yes, you will be at the menu to enter your OTP that is displayed on the screen of your Ohmni. If your unit is at the "I'm ready for a visitor" screen however, it means that the unit has already been set up and you will have to contact that user to have them add you to the Ohmni. If you are sure that there has been no other user but you are seeing this screen anyways, please email us at email@example.com.
Please click on the "OTP" button and you will be taken to a page that asks for you to set up your Organization.
7. Setting up an Organization requires nothing more than a name. The purpose of an organization is it will allow the owner to easily manage any units setup within the organization and dictate which users have access to which units, as well as quickly manage any share links that have been created for any of the units. Please choose a name for your organization and click next.
8. Finally it's time to register your Ohmni. In the Robot Name tab please enter whatever name you'd like for the unit. This will show up on the dashboard where you call into the unit, as well as on the screen of the robot when it is idle awaiting a call.
After you've given it a name, please grab the OTP from your unit's screen and enter it in the OTP section, then click finish.
9. Once completed you will be taken to your Ohmni dashboard where you now have access to your unit! Press the "Call" button on the right to begin using your Ohmni!
Please sign in to leave a comment.