How to use Bluetooth Audio Devices with Ohmni
● An Ohmni Robot with bluetooth API installed (installed on non-developer Ohmni Robots.)
● A bluetooth-supported audio device.
OhmniLabs does not officially support any particular audio device manufacturer. We do not guarantee that all bluetooth enabled audio devices will work with this solution. At the moment, the incoming audio on the robot side cannot be routed to an external bluetooth microphone for the call.
SAFETY WARNING: Please take care to ensure that the user has grounded themselves before working with exposed electronics. Ensure that there is no presence of liquid in the area, and that the Ohmni Robot is off its dock and not powered on. Standard safety precautions should be taken before working with exposed electronics as per our Safety and Handling Guide.
WARRANTY WARNING: Any user-caused damage done to the core board and associated electronics of the Ohmni Robot during this process falls outside our Warranty terms and conditions.
Ensure that the USB bluetooth dongle utilizes an Intel or Broadcom chipset, and is plugged into an available USB port on the Ohmni Robot to enable bluetooth functionality. This can be done by opening the standard model, or by simply placing it on one of the many exposed USB 3.0 ports made available through the Ohmni USB Expansion Kit. We recommend utilizing the Ohmni USB Expansion Kit for stability and safety.
* If you have purchased the USB Expansion Kit, please skip down to the section “Using the Expansion Kit” to proceed.*
Using the Standard Ohmni Board Interface:
*This method is for connecting your Ohmni bot to the standard model without the USB Expansion Kit. Please note that this step is unnecessary if you do plan on using the Ohmni USB Expansion Kit.*
The USB bluetooth dongle can also be plugged directly into the Ohmni board which exposes a user to exposed electronics. To do so, please acknowledge the aforementioned safety considerations, and use the instructional steps:
1. Ensure that your Ohmni is turned off, and not in contact with its charging dock. You can confirm it is not connected when the dock’s light is orange. If it is blue, move your robot until it is orange.
4. Plug the USB bluetooth dongle into the one of the available USB ports indicated below:
5. Reinstall the Ohmni Mounted Top using the video guide: Install the Ohmni Mounted Top
Using the USB Expansion Kit
*Please skip this section and refer to “Using the Standard Ohmni Board Interface” if you do not have the Ohmni USB Expansion Kit.*
USB Expansion Kit:
Simply plug the USB attachment dongle into any of the available external USB slots and you’re all set!
Pair your Bluetooth Device
1. Swipe down from the top right of the screen to see Ohmni’s bluetooth connection bar.
2. Tap & hold the bluetooth icon for 5 seconds to open the Bluetooth settings
3. Slide the toggle to turn bluetooth on and it will start scanning for the Audio Device.
4. Tap on the Audio Device to pair.
*Note: You do not need to pair the audio device again again when restarting the robot, However, it is good practice to check if you may need to reconnect to the audio device upon robot start-up.*
© 2021 OhmniLabs,
firstname.lastname@example.org | ohmnilabs.com